Saturday 7 June 2008

Say it again

When I see citizen created content like this I begin to feel that part of the job of an agency 2 point something is to find an innovative brand association rather than write a brief for content.

Why not write a brief for the media companies to use it in such a way that people connect with the authenticity and creativity that is sprouting up on Youtube and elsewhere? This is probably heresy to the creative community, but in my view this piece of content is better than 90% of advertising. A creative media association would be way more effective.



Via Angus who consistently digs up kick ass digital on the net.

5 comments:

  1. But it's only a video resume for voice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should write your video resume John. You'd be a sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the adult film industry certainly. In the communications industry maybe not so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be way too camp - but seriously, she can do accents but so can an awful lot of voice coaches and I don' understand the fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As ever Doddsy your attention to detail has left me clasping my vitals. I didn't know she was a voice coach because the point in the middle when she tells someone off for disturbing her gave me the impression that it was all for personal contribution. I do however think the line between professional and personal is dismantling itself through being able to put up content such as this and I maintain that just seeing what a voice coach is all about has given me a bunch of ideas that creatively could be very attractive. Both as a starting point and as part of an ongoing brand narrative.

    Wouldn't it be great if we could see nanotechnologists arguing over future direction or have an insight into how powerful corporation executive boards could put their hands up and show the content of their discussions. Kind of like. Look at us we make the same mistakes as everyone but we also cover some intersting territory with it.

    Just a though but I accept your point fully.

    ReplyDelete